Ottawa, May 17, 2017 – The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada announced the election of three new directors, along with other changes to its Board at the 75th Annual General Meeting held in Mississauga, Ontario on May 16, 2017.
The new members are Rick Orser from 3M Canada Company, Tony Del Vasto from Vast-Auto Distribution and Steve Leal from Fix Auto World. Orser is the General Manager, Automotive Aftermarket Division for 3M Canada Company and currently represents 3M as a member of the AIA Collision Council who brings with him 30 years of business management experience. Del Vasto is the Vice President and General Manager, Ontario for Vast Auto Distribution since 2009 where he has been instrumental in developing the Ontario business while contributing to the overall strategy. Steve Leal is the President & CEO of Fix Auto World where under his leadership Fix Auto World has transformed the automotive aftermarket business by aligning global operations around lean, customer-driven processes that deliver greater efficiencies for operators and partners, and consistently surpass customer expectations. All three will serve until the Spring 2020 AGM. Read their bios here.
In addition, AIA Director, Jason Best from Spectra Premium Industries, was elected to the role of AIA Second Vice Chairman. Each member of the current Executive Committee will now take on a new role as follows:
- Dave Fifield, Wakefield Canada Inc. was elected to Chairman of the AIA Board
- Brent Hesje, Fountain Tire was elected to First Vice Chairman, and
- Doug Reevey, Autotec Inc. was elected to Immediate Past Chairman
The remaining AIA Board members and terms that were voted on at the last Annual General Meeting will remain in place.
AIA Canada’s Board of Directors
- Dave Fifield, Wakefield Canada Inc., Chairman of the Board
- Brent Hesje, Fountain Tire, First Vice Chairman
- Jason Best, Spectra Premium Industries, Second Vice Chairman
- Doug Reevey, Autotec Inc., Immediate Past Chairman
- Jean-François Champagne, AIA President
Directors at Large
- Rick Orser, 3M Canada Company
- Tony Del Vasto, Vast-Auto Distribution
- Steve Leal, Fix Auto World
- Susan Hitchon, Schrader Performance Sensors
- Simon Weller, NAPA Canada
- Annie Hotte, Uni-Sélect Inc.
- Eric Knogler, Sutherland Automotive
- Paula Sayers, Canadian Tire Corporation
- Stuart Suls, Mr. Lube Canada
About AIA Canada
The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada is the national trade association that brings together the entire automotive aftermarket supply and service chain. AIA’s mandate is to promote, educate and represent members in areas that impact the growth and prosperity of the industry. To learn more, please visit www.aiacanada.com, follow @AIAofCanada, or like facebook.com/AIAofCanada.
For more information, please contact Communications at:
180 Elgin Street, Suite 1400 Ottawa, ON K2P 2K3
1-800-808-2920, ext. 233