Take charge of your career
The type of work that automotive tradespeople do is being transformed. The development and expansion of electric vehicle sales have driven a need for new skills and expertise in automotive repair and maintenance.
Automotive Industries Association of Canada has joined forces with Conestoga College, Fanshawe College, St. Lawrence College and Plug N’ Drive to offer FREE training programs to develop new expertise and skills in the auto care industry.
The Mentoring Excellence training program is a facilitated live virtual training aimed at shop owners, managers and journey people working in Ontario’s mechanical automotive sector. This training will help you develop foundational human resources knowledge on how to train your own staff within your shop.
What topics will be covered in these programs?
- Learn how to attract and retain apprentices
- Learning about challenges when taking on apprentices
- Best practices to retain and develop the apprentices
This program is for current shop owners, managers and journey people looking to bring out the best in your apprentices.
This program consists of facilitated live virtual training led by College instructors for a total of 4 hours.
The training will take place virtually at a set time and date in Winter 2024.
Am I eligible for one of these trainings?
You are eligible for the Mentoring Excellence training program if you are:
- 18 years of age or older;
- a Canadian citizen, Permanent resident or awaiting Permanent resident status;
- currently employed in Ontario as a shop owner, shop manager, licensed automotive technician or senior level apprentice;
- a resident of Ontario.
Interested in the Mentoring Excellence training ?
Please complete the form below to submit your interest in joining this FREE training and to receive more information.
"*" indicates required fields
This program is funded by: