The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada today announced the official launch of the Canadian Collision Industry Accreditation Program (CCIAP). With official support from Canadian repair networks including Fix Auto, CARSTAR, CSN and Assured Automotive, the program provides hands-on verification of repair facility qualifications from coast to coast. CCIAP is backed by a national field staff of auditors with a rigorous set of audit standards, and will also measure shops against participating OEM requirements. The program will thus serve vehicle manufacturers who are seeking shop audits to support their certified repair network programs.
AIA President Jean-François Champagne noted that “AIA is very pleased to be providing a not-for-profit Canadian solution to meet the qualification needs of shops. CCIAP has been built by our industry, for our industry, and we welcome both vehicle manufacturers and insurers to rely on this new essential industry service.”
The CCIAP program puts the critical control of standards and recognition in Canadian hands:
- CCIAP is run by the Canadian collision repair industry. The program is delivered by AIA Canada, a not-for-profit industry association. Oversight is provided by Canadian industry stakeholders with direct input from OEs, insurers and all CCIF stakeholders.
- CCIAP is designed to fit Canadian needs. It will synchronize with provincial accreditation systems (e.g. British Columbia and Manitoba). It will equally serve both official languages.
- CCIAP meets Canadian OE requirements, constantly updating to serve the Canadian context, and providing OE certified repair network administrators with on-demand views of shop performance against standards.
- CCIAP meets Canadians repair facility needs, providing instant online access to your shop status against OE requirements.
- CCIAP is affordable – as a not-for-profit association AIA Canada must deliver the program at cost-recovery fee levels.
For more information on the Canadian Collision Industry Accreditation Program, contact Andrew Shepherd, Senior Director Industry Programs, AIA Canada, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cciap.ca.
About AIA Canada
The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada is the national trade association that brings together the entire automotive aftermarket supply and service chain. AIA’s mandate is to promote, educate and represent members in areas that impact the growth and prosperity of the industry. To learn more, please visit www.aiacanada.com, follow @AIAofCanada, or like facebook.com/AIAofCanada.