Ottawa, May 16, 2016 – The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada announced the election of two new directors, along with other changes to its Board at the 74th Annual General Meeting held in Montreal, Québec on May 11, 2016.
The new members are Susan Hitchon from Schrader Performance Sensors and Simon Weller from NAPA Canada. Hitchon is the Canadian Sales Director for Schrader Performance Sensors and a certified Automotive Tire Service (ATS) Instructor who brings 17 years of aftermarket experience. Weller has held the position of Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at NAPA CANADA for the past two years and has 28 years of hands-on leadership in the automotive sector. They will both serve until the spring 2019 AGM. Read their bio here.
In addition, AIA Board of Director, Brent Hesje from Fountain Tire, was elected to the role of AIA Second Vice Chairman. Each member of the current Executive Committee will now take on a new role as follows:
- Doug Reevey, Autotec was elected to Chairman of the AIA Board
- Dave Fifield, Wakefield Canada was elected to First Vice Chairman, and
- Tony Canade, Assured Automotive was elected to Immediate Past Chairman
The remaining AIA Board members and terms that were voted on at the last Annual General Meeting will remain in place.
AIA Canada’s Board of Directors
- Doug Reevey, Autotec, Chairman of the Board
- Dave Fifield, Wakefield Canada Inc., First Vice Chairman
- Brent Hesje, Fountain Tire, Second Vice Chairman
- Tony Canade, Assured Automotive, Immediate Past Chairman
- Jean-François Champagne, AIA President
Directors at Large
- Susan Hitchon, Schrader Performance Sensors
- Simon Weller, NAPA Canada
- Jeff Van de Sande, Bestbuy Distributors Limited
- Annie Hotte, Uni-Sélect Inc.
- Jason Best, Spectra Premium
- Eric Knogler, Sutherland Automotive
- Paula Sayers, Canadian Tire Corporation
- Stuart Suls, Mr. Lube Canada
About AIA Canada
The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada is the only national industry association in Canada that brings together the entire automotive aftermarket supply and service chain. Our mission is to promote, educate and represent members in all areas that impact the growth and prosperity of the industry. We are the VOICE and the RESOURCE for the automotive aftermarket industry in Canada.
For more information, please contact Communications at:
180 Elgin Street, Suite 1400 Ottawa, ON K2P 2K3
1-800-808-2920, ext. 233