Ottawa, ON, April 27, 2018 – The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada is pleased to announce the election of four new directors for the 2018-2019 AIA Canada Board of Directors, along with other changes to its Board at the 76th Annual General Meeting held in Toronto, Ontario on April 25, 2018.
The newly elected members are:
- Samantha Coates, vice president of operations, Lordco Auto Parts who has extensive experience in operational planning in retail, wholesale, supply chain, and distribution, along with strategic planning. Read Coates’s full biography here.
- Bob Greenwood, president and CEO, Automotive Aftermarket E-Learning Centre who has over 40 years of business management experience within the automotive aftermarket, consulting independent retail shops on all facets of their business operations. Read Greenwood’s full biography here.
- Bob Jaworski, president and general manager, Auto Electric Service who has played an active role in the industry and Regina community through his donations of time and financial contributions for the past 32 years. Read Jaworski’s full biography here.
- Brent Windom, president and COO, Canadian Automotive Group at Uni-Select who has held various leadership positions with companies including Uni-Select USA, Inc., Uni-Select North America, and Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor, Inc. Read Windom’s full biography here.
The new members will serve until the spring 2021 AGM.
Each member of the current Executive Committee will now take on a new role as follows:
- Brent Hesje, CEO, Fountain Tire was elected to Chair of the AIA Board;
- Jason Best, senior vice president aftermarket sales & business development, Spectra Premium was elected to First Vice Chair, and;
- Dave Fifield, COO, Wakefield Canada Inc. was elected to Immediate Past Chair.
In addition, AIA Canada Director Susan Hitchon, head of global new business development, special markets, from Schrader International was elected to the role of AIA Second Vice Chair. The remaining AIA Canada board members and terms that were voted on at the last Annual General Meeting will remain in place.
To view the full list of AIA Canada’s Board of Directors, click here.
About AIA Canada
The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada is the national trade association that brings together the entire automotive aftermarket supply and service chain. AIA’s mandate is to promote, educate and represent members in areas that impact the growth and prosperity of the industry. To learn more, please visit www.aiacanada.com, follow @AIAofCanada, or like facebook.com/AIAofCanada.
For more information, please contact communications at:
180 Elgin Street, Suite 1400
Ottawa, ON K2P 2K3
1-800-808-2920, ext. 233