Access to Connected Vehicle Data
Connected vehicles are equipped with Internet access and can exchange data wirelessly with devices both inside and outside the vehicle. ABI Research estimates that some 78 million existing vehicles are already connected to the web and that by 2021, 98 percent of all new vehicles sold in the United States and Europe will have web connections.
Access to connected vehicle data is a priority file for AIA Canada and is a focus of our advocacy activities.
Why is access to connected vehicle data a key file?
- The future sustainability of the aftermarket industry will depend on access to connected vehicle data.
What is the purpose of the Community of Practice?
The Community of Practice will play a key role in guiding AIA’s access to connected vehicle data file and will:
- Discuss and exchange knowledge and information about access to connected vehicle data; specifically trends, risks and opportunities in connected vehicle technology and telematics.
- Support the development of a strategic communication framework to advance the file.
- Support the development of a position statement on access to connected vehicle data.
- Participate in government relation activities related to the file.
Who can participate?
Participation in the community of practice is open to industry stakeholders, third parties and AIA members who have an interest and/or stake in the topic matter. AIA reserves the right to limit the number of participants and to decline participant applications at their discretion.
What is the time commitment if I participate in the Community of Practice?
The Community of Practice is time-limited. It is active for the amount of time it takes to achieve outcomes identified by participants. Participation will require attending conference/video calls on an as needed basis.
What happens during the meetings?
The Community of Practice is managed by AIA staff. Meetings will be organized by AIA staff and structured (when possible) as follows: opening remarks; info/knowledge exchange session; questions; informal group discussion; and closing remarks. Efforts will be made to have industry stakeholders and third-parties present their knowledge of issues related to the key topic during meetings.
What are the next steps?
- Applications received.
- Participants contacted by AIA.
- First meeting held sometime at the start of October, 2018.
How to apply?
To apply for participation in this Community of Practice, please express your interest to Erin Chreptyk at: email@example.com.