Imagine a future where vehicles are self-driving and a car has no transmission, oil tank, or catalytic converter, and fewer parts to repair. Welcome to the automotive aftermarket industry, where disruption is unavoidable.
The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada is the national trade association that brings together the entire automotive aftermarket supply and service chain. AIA’s mandate is to promote, educate and represent members in areas that impact the growth and prosperity of the industry.
We are looking for a bi-lingual communications coordinator to drive our communication campaigns to our external stakeholders and members along with providing communication support for internal departments. Your ability to be agile and flexible in a fast-paced industry is a must.
Do you seek a company that values creativity and the ability to express your creativity through collaboration? Would you love to have a beta fish as the office pet and communications department mascot?
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications and our beta fish, Otto, the successful candidate will write and prepare written materials including ad copy, press releases, social media content, promotional materials for events, meeting documents, reports, etc. The position is also responsible for graphic design work, overseeing websites updates and maintenance. Managing projects assigned to freelancers may also be required from time-to-time.
A job description is available here.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum three years experience;
- Degree in communications, marketing, graphic design or a related field;
- Adherence to deadlines is a must, as is the ability to work quickly, efficiently and with accuracy often in pressured situations;
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task and attention to detail are required skill sets;
- Experience in project coordination from initialization to completion;
- Strong team-work, communication and collaborative skills are required;
- News and current events savvy;
- Knowledge in the implementation and organization of communication strategies for campaigns;
- Technical knowledge required includes a strong working ability in: Constant Contact, CMS (WordPress), Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic software;
- Experience in non-profit or charitable sectors an
- Bilingualism is preferred.
Submit your resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline: October 26, 2018
We thank everyone who applies for the position, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the post before the stated closing date where we have a high response rate.