Knowledge management at AIA
Knowledge management is the process of creating, sharing, using and managing the knowledge and information of an organisation. It refers to a multidisciplinary approach to achieving organisational objectives by making the best use of knowledge. The AIA Knowledge Manager leads a team that is responsible for identifying, collecting, synthesizing, organizing and managing organizational knowledge in support of business units across the association. The team, called the Knowledge Hub, includes a Knowledge Transfer Specialist, a Policy Analyst, a Project Manager, a Membership Coordinator and a Business Analyst/AMS Specialist.
The Manager of Knowledge manages the Knowledge Hub Team and therefore the following portfolios: Market Research, Business Analytics, and Policy Research.
- Manage the knowledge hub team – including performance management
- Manage research projects including managing the contractual and logistical components of research development (finding vendors, managing contracts, etc.).
- Identify areas of research that would benefit the membership or other stakeholder relationships;
- Manage full implementation of AIA’s knowledge management framework;
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of information used to support AIA projects and initiatives;
- Develop relationships with stakeholders that are beneficial to the AIA Knowledge framework;
- Monitor the automotive industry to identify emerging issues and trends, and relevant technological, business, and policy developments;
- Providing timely assessment and summaries of significant technological, business and policy developments;
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a team
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing complex research projects
- Experience managing, interpreting or conducting research (primary or secondary research)
- Experience engaging with federal and provincial government stakeholders
- Understanding of Knowledge Management and its role in an organization
- Experience managing membership programs within and association or organization is an asset
- Solid writing and editorial experience in both official languages
- Ability to present to and interact with association members and various external stakeholders
- Highly responsible regarding deadlines and commitments.
Manage Knowledge Hub Team
- Day to day
- Semi-annual performance appraisals
- Professional development
Full time. On location work. Computer work. Minor travel required. Overtime as required. Compensation level 5 with benefits package.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Didina Kyenge at Didina.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is February 23, 2018.