The Senior Coordinator of Finance is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate processing of all payables transactions, maintaining financial records and working with the Director of Finance and Operations to ensure the financial needs of the association are met.
Team Member Accountabilities
- Understands how to contribute to team, department and associations’ priorities and drives priorities with a sense of purpose.
- Collaborates across and within teams on different assignments, provides great customer service, assists with handling all incoming calls on a rotation basis, builds strong relationships with members and stakeholders.
- Knows and clarifies what’s expected, taking accountability to resolve problems and set high personal standards to deliver timely results in a changing environment.
- Works effectively in diverse and flexible teams, takes ownership for learning and development and takes action to enhance own and others’ safety and wellbeing.
- Keeps things simple while driving innovation, removing blockages and anticipates and adapts to changing environments.
- Manages the quality of own data input into the association’s management system (AMS/CRM) and proactively helps identify risks and issues.
- Verifies and processes accounts payable; ensures proper backup and approval of invoices, allocation to appropriate cost centers, and cheque processing.
- Maintaining accurate financial records and filing of documents
- Performing adjusting and routine journal entries
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Review and reconciliation of various GL accounts, including expenses, prepaid, deferred accounts and others as necessary.
- Issuance of tax receipts
- Reconciling Petty cash
- Assisting in streamlining accounting processes
- Multi-tasking , ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet competing deadlines
- Working with Finance coordinator to resolve account issues when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- University/college education in accounting.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and controls.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office – Excel in particular.
- Experience using Microsoft Great Plains is an asset.
- Experience working in a non-for profit organization is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure to meet competing deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication and organizational skills.
Some traveling and over time may be required.
Director, Finance and Operations
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Didina Kyenge at Didina.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is November 2, 2018.