*Deadline to submit your bid response is now closed.
The Automotive Industries Association of Canada (AIA) is seeking translation services for its Aftermarket Labour Market Intelligence (ALMI) project. The service includes translation of documents, reports and website content from English to French.
The terms of engagement will be established using a Framework Contract. Translation services will be required depending on the needs of the project over the course of the next 15 months ( January 2017 - February 2018). Based on the review of proposals, a shortlist of potential service providers will be established, and service providers will be invited to participate in a formal meeting with the AIA.
Scope of Work
We are seeking a professional translator to help us with the English to French translation component of the ALMI project. The following section provides an overview of expected skill and knowledge:
- Translate project materials and outputs (including: reports, surveys, website content, etc.) from English to French.
- Proofread and ensure quality of translation produced, while maintaining excellent linguistic standards for a French Canadian Audience (Lexical and grammatical standards).
Competencies and skills:
- A university degree in a related field (e.g. Translation, French Literature).
- Four to six years of translation experience along with equal fluency in both French and English languages (written and verbal).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details.
- Knowledge of automotive industry terminology is an asset.
Proposal Submission Guidelines & Evaluation
The proposals will be evaluated by a formal committee using the following technical criteria with respective corresponding weights. It is strongly suggested that all submitted proposals adhere to the following format, and be no longer than 8 pages in length (including resume and translation samples).|
Please send proposals electronically. All RFP packages submissions must include the following:
|Professional experience: Refers to the service provider providing a written summary of their work experience related to translation service and this RFP scope of work. Please also include your contact information (Name, address, e-mail and telephone number).||20%|
|Resume: Refers to the service provider providing a copy of their resume. Also refers to overall professional experience, education and training indicated in the resume.||20%|
|Translation samples: Refers to the service provider providing 2 samples of their previous translation work (English and French versions).||10%|
|Compensation: Refers to cost per translated word, in order for the AIA Proposal Committee to effectively compare proposals.||40%|
References Refers to providing 3 professional references, and their contact information (including: Name, Company, e-mail, telephone number and your role), of firms/individuals you have previously worked with or had Translation assignments.|
** Proposals will be evaluated based on best value for dollar.
***Proposals that do not adhere to the above submission format shall be rejected.
Proposal Instructions & Timelines
Proposals are due by December 5, 2016.
- INTENTION TO BID: Service providers that are interested in this project are required to provide us with their intention to bid and contact information, no later than 4:00pm (Eastern Standard Time), on November 25, 2016.
- PROPOSAL QUESTIONS: Please submit proposals questions pertaining to this RFP by email to Nermin.Ibrahim@aiacanada.com no later than 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time), on December 2, 2016. Please note that the AIA of Canada reserves the right to not consider any questions that are submitted after the proposal questions submission deadline.
- PROPOSAL DELIVERY: Please submit project proposals by email to Nermin.Ibrahim@aiacanada.com no later than 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time), on December 5, 2016. Please note that the AIA of Canada reserves the right to not consider any proposals that are submitted after the proposal submission deadline.
FORMAL MEETING: Shortlisted service providers may be invited to the AIA of Canada for a formal interview from December 6 to December 9, 2016. During the meeting, AIA of Canada will offer an opportunity for both parties to discuss the project scope of work, and answer any questions pertaining to the project.
The award of the contract is conditional upon both the successful service provider and the AIA of Canada agreeing to the terms and conditions of the project. A formal Independent Contract Agreement will be issued. The announcement of the successful service provider will be on January 3, 2017.
Questions & Proposals Delivery
AIA of Canada welcomes and encourages any questions pertaining to this RFP. All answers to questions will be posted in our FAQ section below.
All inquiries relating to this RFP should be directed to: Nermin Ibrahim, ALMI project Coordinator
Q: I don’t have a university degree, can I still apply?
A: Yes. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
Q: We are an agency with a team of 6 translators, what would you expect from us with regards to Competencies and skills section?
A: Please provide your agency background / description of services (automotive industry) and CVs of translators team who will be assigned to the project – For agencies ONLY, the proposals length can be extended to 15 pages maximum instead of 8 pages to accommodate team members.
Q: Is it appropriate to include a short note from the references or their coordinates is sufficient?
A: Contact information of 2-3 professional references will be sufficient.
Q: Would it be possible to take one or two translation tests instead of providing samples?
A: Given the project time sensitivity, We would prefer samples.
Q: What is the expected annual volume of translation?
A: Volume will vary during the lifespan of the project, and intended to be high towards the end.
Q:In what format will the translations be sent?
A: Documents must be returned electronically in the same provided format, which will generally be MS. Office . There will also be documents in the HTML language.
Q: What is the technical level of the texts to be translated for this project?
A: Medium. It will be combination of economic data/ analyses, plus documents with specialized terminology commonly used in the automotive industry