Looking ahead to 2019
In the first few weeks of the new year, it’s common to take some time to look forward to what lies ahead. But here, at AIA Canada, looking forward is something we do all year round.
From in-depth research in topics pertaining to innovation, policy, and market and economic trends that show where the industry is headed, to actively influencing the direction it takes through lobbying efforts, education initiatives, and building networks, AIA Canada helps shape the future of the aftermarket industry for the benefit of its members.
Here are some of the things we look forward to sharing with you in 2019:
- Examining consumer behaviour and market trends, including repair & maintenance, e-tailing, and car owner data.
- Continuing our research into the labour issues facing the industry
- Ensuring legislators hear—loud and clear— the aftermarket’s voice on issues that affect the industry, like telematics and the Right to Repair.
- Promoting the role of women in the aftermarket with the 2019 Women’s Leadership Conference (presented by AIA Canada and U.S. Auto Care Association)
- Offering students the opportunity to network with industry players at the 2019 Aftermarket Student Day.
- Introducing the Young Professionals in the Aftermarket (YPA)—formerly the Young Executive Society (YES)—to encourage the development of a larger and more inclusive professional network.
- Celebrating CCIF’s 20th anniversary with a gala in Toronto, and also hosting two other meetings in Halifax and Calgary.
- Giving back to the community through our High Fives for Kids Foundation.
- Encouraging aftermarket students to continue their educations with a host of scholarships and programs.
- Connecting industry employers with job seekers through AutoConnex
- Providing repair shops with access to a host of solutions critical to their success through the Automotive Service Associate Program (ASAP).
- Continuing to provide state-of-the-art training and certification through I-CAR and CCIAP.
Thanks to our sponsors and the participation of our members on councils, committees, divisions, research initiatives and event attendances, AIA Canada continues to work towards a better future for the entire aftermarket industry.
We look forward to working with you in 2019.